Our History

Davis Lumber and Hardware began business in an old garage on East Street not far from the current location of nearly 70 years.  Started in 1948 by the late Franklin Davis and his wife Francine, DL&H has experienced continued growth and success.  Beginning without inventory, the Davises would take orders by day from a "Cameron Company" catalogue and buy lumber from a local mill, Junkin Lumber Co.  They would then deliver the material in the afternoon and at night.

When Franklin Davis passed away in 1972, longtime family friend and employee Rodney Ellis took over as General Manager.  Ellis guided the company until his retirement in 1994.  Mike and Mark Davis took the reins in 1994 until their retirement in May of 2017.   With a successful past and bright future, Davis Lumber & Hardware is poised to continue its growth thanks to dedicated employees and a strong customer base.